Arnold Robinson became sole owner in 1929 and from this point the Guild was organised as a wholly commercial proposition and run like a conventional retail shop.
With the criteria that designs must be original, functional and
made to the highest standard, the range of goods was widened to include machine-made ware by some of the best known makers of the day.
In November, 1940 Park Street was devastated by enemy action but although buildings on either side were demolished, the Guild survived more or less unscathed.
By 1965, space was getting very tight; the Guild was bursting at the seams and ready for substantial expansion...